Make This Sweet Peeps Dog Recipe While You’re Stuck at Home
Springtime conjures up the picture of coloured eggs and bunnies — or, when you have a candy tooth, Easter sweet. Considered one of my all-time favorites rising up was Peeps — these pleasant, sugar-coated, marshmallow bunnies and chicks in amazingly neon colours. Whereas these are clearly not canine treats, I wished one thing equally memorable for my pups. And so these peep-inspired canine treats had been born.
You could find licensed Peeps cookie cutters or silicone molds, or use any cutter or mildew to form these lovable peep treats
- 1/three cup coconut oil
- three tablespoons peanut butter (with out xylitol)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1/three cup unsweetened, finely shredded coconut
- You can too use somewhat little bit of pure meals coloring or a contact of beet juice if you wish to give it a enjoyable peep-like colour.
In a meals processor, mix all elements besides the coconut.
Pulse till oats are floor up a bit and every part is mixed.
For shaping, you may select any of those choices:
- Scoop the elements right into a silicone mildew, and canopy the again of the mildew with the shredded coconut.
- Chill for 10 minutes, then roll between parchment paper and minimize out shapes with cookie cutter. Sprinkle with coconut
- Roll into balls and instantly roll into the coconut.
Chill for 30 to 40 minutes earlier than serving to your canine. Hold leftovers refrigerated.
Learn Subsequent: Train Your Canine a New Trick Whereas You’re Caught At House